Tuesday, February 28, 2006

40 Days of Purpose VIII

The first purpose the pleasure of God.

We were made to bring pleasure to the almighty. The first two commandments were reflection of what God required of the Isrealites in worship. Bring pleasure to God has taken the form of worship; not just singing but in living our life out as pleasing to God.

Two thoughts are brought to the surface today: 'Worship is not for my benefit' and 'Worship is my life.' If we were made to bring pleasure to God, how come we seek to take pleasure from worship as well? Worship was not meant for us to "gain anything" but to give everything to God.

Is worship just music? I think that it is not, there are many more ways of "bringing pleasure to God" than just singing. How we live our life should be a worship offering to God. Many songs have been written on this but I think it is summed up nicely by an acquaitance of mine known as MOI.

I come tonight to yeild my right
I give you my life as a gift of offering
like the one that you gave me
It may not make a difference
It may not change a single life
It may not move a single stone
but it pleases you

Is my life that gift of offering that bring pleasure to God? It may have no earthly affect but i want my life to be pleasing to him.

No comments: