Monday, February 20, 2006

40 Days of Purpose I

Yesterday, marked the beginning of the 40 DOP at North Hills Baptist Church. For those of you who do not know, it is a campaign that God gave to Rick Warren, pastor of saddleback community. It has affected millions of lives and the book is a #1 bestseller.

As Rick Warren states, the book itself is not a self-help book, but a guide/focus onto what is the true way to find purpose in life, that is to look to God, the one who created you, and plan a purpose for you even before you were concieved.

For the next 40 days I would like to leave 40 blogs of how God is revealing his purpose for me.

What has really struck me, was the truth behind 40DOP not being a self-help book. RW says you can try a numerous amount of things and become successful but that in itself is not fulfilling your purpose. Interestingly enough, you can find your purpose, not by anything of your power except by finding the one who created you. A creation/invention does not know its purpose because it did not create itself, only the creator/inventor can truly tell its purpose. And that purpose for our lives can be found in our "owner's manual": The Bible.

So the question becomes "Why do I not study my owner's manual more so I can find my purpose?"

No comments: