Thursday, February 23, 2006

40 Days of Purpose IV

I apologize for missing day III. For some reason things keep getting in the way. I know that is not how I am act during this time, and that I am to place time to read. But what is past is past and now is present.

Yesterday was day 4, Made to last forever.

Two things stuck out in my mind: 1) There is ultimately two choices, heaven or hell. 2) We as finite beings tend to thing short term when all of our descisions have long-term consequences, in fact eternal consequences.

I've known for a while that I was created to live forever. It was actually one of the first things I discovered on my own about Christianity. Unfortunately, it lead me on a path thinking that I was indestructable, immune to different things. Fortunately, it didn't get past my head. Although until recently, I hadn't felt the effects of my early life choices. One choice that has always left a dark cloud over my head was the fact that I never finished my senior year out playing basketball. I always wonder now what would be different if I had finished my Senior year. Would I have played in college? Would I have had a different major? Would I have the discipline that Coach was trying to teach me? I don't know, I can't answer that; but I can learn from my choices and make the right ones now. Although I am placed in a position that I cannot back out of so the only choice is to be disciplined and last through the season.

Until next time, your favorite asian.

No comments: